Thursday, November 4, 2010

Month of Thanks - Day 4

I am thankful...

for modern medicine.

I was finally convinced to go to the doctor yesterday. I found a doctor nearby my apartment, and after a few quick tests he immediately told me I have strep throat and bronchitis and sent a prescription over to the pharmacy. Even better, with insurance, my prescription was only $3. While I'm not happy I'm sick, I am glad I can take an antibiotic to feel better!

And while I'm thinking over my day, today I'm also thankful for...

cute kids.

It sounds a little silly, but today at work I had a few kids brighten my not-so-bright day. The first was a non-verbal preschooler with Autism. I gave him a bubble wand, and after dipping it in the bubbles, he stuck it into his mouth and closed his lips around it. He thought about it for a minute and then started gagging at the taste. I was laughing so hard! The second was another little boy who walked up to me, put his arms around my waist, and said "That's called a hug!" So sweet.

1 comment:

Terry Family said...

Oh that is so cute!!! I'm so glad you get to work with little kids this year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...