Tonight I went with one of my good friends, Gina, to the Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert at the Conference Center. This is an annual concert for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but this year the Osmonds were featured as the special guests. Even though the Osmonds were way before my time (they definitely catered to the generation older than me), it was still a fun time! They sang probably 10 or 11 songs... and I only recognized a couple of them. But it was still fun to hear them and to watch videos of them as little kids singing 50 years ago! The only downfall was that we were sitting too close to one of the speakers, so everything they sang echoed. The MoTab choir was amazing, as always. I absolutely love listening to the choir sing live... they are SO much better live than anything you can listen to on a CD! They sang several pioneer songs and other American folk songs that reminded us all of Utah's pioneer heritage.Here's a funny story from tonight: I rode Trax downtown and met Gina and her family at the Conference center. Gina texted me to tell me where they were sitting, but by the time I got inside, I gave her a call to find out exactly where she was. It was so crowded, so I just said "I'm walking in your direction... just stand up so I can see where you are." Well, exactly as I said that, EVERYONE in the Conference Center stood up (yes... all 21,000 of them) in reverence to President Monson entering the room. Basically my plans were shot for trying to find Gina! But eventually as people sat down I found my seat just fine. I just had to laugh because that could not have been timed more perfectly!
No comments:
Post a Comment