Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!!

Today was a really fun day! To start it off I got to sleep in, which is always a good thing! I caught the end of the Days of '47 parade on TV and saw some really awesome floats. People can be so creative! Everyone in my family had the day off of work for the Pioneer Day holiday, so we wanted to do something together. At about 2:30 Lori, Todd, and Brooklyn came up from Provo and we all headed to the Days of '47 Rodeo at the Energy Solutions Arena. It was so much fun! I have only been to a handful of rodeos, but I always love them. We had really good seats, pretty close to the gates that the riders come out of. None of the riders lasted 8 seconds on the bulls, but some were really close! We also saw a couple of riders get injured, but nothing too horrible. There were several cowboys in the rodeo from Utah, so the audience always got really excited when they rode. After the rodeo we came back home and had a barbecue. You can't go wrong with hamburgers and chips... it's the perfect summer holiday meal!

Dad and I
Mom with Brooklyn
Jon
Todd and Lori

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...