Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

We did something new for the 4th of July this year! In the morning, my dad, my brother, and I headed down to Provo to go to the parade with my sister and her family. My mom was gone to girl's camp until later in the day, so she couldn't come with us. We found a really good spot on the lawn that was up on a hill so we could see above everyone in front of us! And the weather was very cooperative... the clouds were nice enough to park in front of the sun for the majority of the parade. But just a couple minutes before we left, the sun came out and the temperature raised probably 20 degrees in 5 minutes! I was so glad the parade was over then, because it was HOT!!!

We're just waiting for the parade to start. When we laid out the blankets, Brooklyn just snuggled right in like she was ready for bed! It was pretty funny!

I finally got Brooklyn to hold still long enough to get a picture!

Later that night, we headed over to Jordan High School to watch the Sandy fireworks! Lori, Todd, and Brooklyn came up from Provo to watch. This is a 4th of July tradition for us, and it is really fun. I think the funniest part of the night was when I was just sitting on our blanket, minding my own business, when this man approaches me and asks in a very deep voice, "Do you have a cell phone?" Well, I did have one, but I was debating in my mind whether I should tell him this or not. He just sounded kind of creepy, like he was going to steal it or something if I gave it to him. So I told him that I didn't have one on me (I'm sure he could tell I was lying). Then he asks, "what letters are on the #3 key?" I thought about it for a minute and answered "d, e, f." Well, it turns out he was a DJ for 104.3 The Cowboy radio station, and he throws me this no-slip grip thing that you can stick in your car and put your cell phone on it so it doesn't slide around!!! So all this time I was just answering some trivia question for a prize, and I thought he was some creepy stalker guy that wasn't quite all there, if you know what I mean! But after that, the fireworks were fun to watch, and Brooklyn was so mesmerized by them! Oh, and thanks to Lori and Todd for the pictures!


Mom and Dad


Lori and Todd


Me and Brooklyn.
This was the best attempt... she wouldn't look at the camera!

She was in heaven! She got to eat straight out of the Cheez-It box, and was completely mesmerized by the fireworks!



2 comments:

Terry Family said...

Natals, you look really pretty in that picture with Brooklyn...your hair looks so long, too!!

Heidi said...

Natals! Nice work... way to come through under pressure! Nice! Looks like you had a fun time... and, I would have to agree with the terry family- you do look really pretty. Miss you! xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...