Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Break

Ok, so now that almost a month has gone by, I guess I should finally post about my Thanksgiving break... this is a long post though, so beware! My school district had a week off, so I was excited to head back home to Utah! I flew out of the Santa Ana airport, and I was so nervous because I'd never been there. I ended up leaving myself WAY too much time, but after changing freeways four times, I made it to the airport safely with several hours to spare! I am slowly getting used to driving here, but it still makes me nervous... there are so many freeways!

Here are some highlights of my Thanksgiving break:
  • shopping with my mom
  • seeing 2012, New Moon, and The Blind Side... more movies than I've seen in months!
  • checking out model homes at Daybreak with the girls of the family
  • my brother Mike coming home from his mission!
  • Thanksgiving day
  • pedicures with my sister Heidi
  • birthday celebrations
  • lunch with my USU friend Rochelle
  • family picture
  • watching the ReAL big win
  • playing with my nieces and my nephew
And here's a random assortment of pictures from the week:

Kaitlyn & Michael loved peeling the apples for the apple pies:

I drove down to the airport with my sister and we missed Mike's flight! We technically would have gotten there on time, but his flight was 30 minutes early... when does that happen?!? So I talked to him on the cell phone before I even saw him. I felt so bad. Luckily my parents were there to greet him!

Mike lost about 50 pounds in Argentina. His pants were definitely baggy, but he got hooked up with a bunch of new clothes that fit him!

He brought back some hammocks for us from Argentina. The grandkids loved taking turns swinging in them!

I had a late flight back to California and I was also on the first day of a cold, so I didn't feel very good. But I was lucky and the only empty seat on the plane was next to me! As we were coming in to land, the plane was a couple of seconds away from touching ground and then went back up in the air! A lot of us were starting to get nervous, but then the pilot said there was another plane on the tarmac so we couldn't land. Weird! Then on my drive home, I ended up driving on a toll road without knowing I was going to, and I had no money so I drove on through! I'm still expecting to get some sort of ticket or something, but there was not much I could do, so I kept on going. It was weird night, but I made it back safely, and can't wait to go back to Utah for Christmas in 5 days!

1 comment:

Linds Forrest said...

Sounds like an awesome break. I laughed at the toll road thing. Those are the worst, huh?! One time I had to pay in only nickels and dimes. Love your pictures. You look great in that photo with Michael. I still can't believe they are so tall!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...