Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mary Poppins

For anyone that knows me, they know I LOVE musicals. Tonight I had the chance to see the Mary Poppins broadway show at the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles, and it didn't disappoint!

For the most part it was similar to the movie, but there were some new scenes and songs added in. The best parts of the show were the "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" song, the "Step In Time" song with the tap-dancing chimney sweepers, Bert tap dancing upside down on the ceiling (see the videos below), and Mary Poppins flying out over the audience. I was up in the balcony and she even flew up close to where I was! It was awesome!

This video gives you an idea of where my seat was and what the theater was like:


Here is a clip of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (these videos are the same cast I saw tonight):


And here's "Step In Time" (this one's long, but trust me, you'll like it! Skip ahead to 00:58 for the song and 05:30 to see Bert dance on the ceiling):


If any of you will be in California between now and February 7, you should go see the show. You'll love it!

2 comments:

Dahly Mama said...

Way cool!! Would love to see it!

Lori said...

What a fun musical! Glad you could go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...