Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm Moving to California!!

Okay, so some of you have asked for an update, so here it is! I finished my externship on July 23 and my degree was officially posted on July 31. The same day I finished my externship, I had my first real job interview! It was for a school district here in Utah, and I thought it went really well, but I didn't end up getting the job, mostly because I am a new graduate and they wanted someone with more experience. In the meantime, I was looking for a job with a travel therapy company. This basically means that the job would be at least 50 miles away from my permanent address, so it has some different benefits because it's considered a "travel" position. Once I knew that I didn't get the job here in SLC, I started looking again more seriously with this other company. To make a long story short, about a week ago I accepted a job in Moreno Valley, California! This is in southern CA, by Riverside. My CA license still won't go through for a while, so I probably won't be starting until the end of September. I am very excited about this new experience, but still nervous at the same time! I will officially be a speech & language pathologist (or speech therapist), I will be working with middle- and high-school kids, and I will cover two schools. That's all I really know right now... just waiting on some more details. I'm pretty excited about working with this company, because they will be providing me with a furnished apartment and will be paying my rent and utilities for the school year! They also have some other great benefits, and it will be fun to live in California!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

That is so cool! Congrats on the job, it sounds exciting! A new state, new apartment, new everything! Congrats!

Michelle said...

Congratulations Natalie! It's weird to be a grown up and have all these responsibilities all of the sudden but I think having a job is fun and I think you'll love it! And you'll be great!

Linds Forrest said...

WAHOOO!!! That is so exciting! We will definitely have to plan a time to get together for dinner or you come stay with us! Congrats!! That is so so exciting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...