Friday, May 4, 2012

Biggest Loser - Season 13 Audition, PART 3

{Make sure to read Parts 1 and 2 of our audition experience HERE and HERE}
The next days and weeks were filled with lots and lots of waiting.  Within 7 days of our callback we had to get in our background check forms, our video, another questionnaire form, and our bios.  On August 22 we got an email from Angelic Mercer, the casting manager, saying we were still in consideration for Season 13.  We were told the finalists would be chosen at the end of September.  If we were selected as finalists, they would make arrangements for us to travel to an LA hotel where we would have "sequester week."  During this week, there would be various doctors appointments and meetings.  If we were selected from the show, we would go directly from the hotel to the Biggest Loser Ranch, so we would need to have arrangements made back home in our absence.

I spent some serious time making arrangements and thinking about what I would do if we were selected for sequester week and for the show.  It was stressful thinking about being gone for up to 5 months!  This 'waiting game' was also bad on my diet.  Both Emilee and I felt pretty good about getting a call to move on to the next step, so we for sure didn't want to be losing any weight during this time.  Somehow this was our excuse to basically throw in the towel and eat badly and never exercise until we heard news.  It was BAD!  Also while waiting, I also contacted a bunch of previous BL contestants on Facebook to ask them some questions.  Surprisingly, several responded to me and gave a lot of really helpful tips and information, and I'm even still in contact with a few of them to this day.

We got another update from Angelic on September 2, with basically the same information.  But finally, after 5 weeks of waiting, we were told on September 21 that all the casting was complete and we were not selected.  I feel like we made it far in the casting process, but I guess we will never know for sure just how close we were to actually getting on the show.  Emilee and I were both a little disappointed that we didn't make it, but I think more than anything, we were both glad to just finally know (either way) what the final decision was!  

Looking back on this spontaneous, but very long process, I am so glad that we auditioned!  It was a fun experience and gave me some insight as to what the contestants all have to go through before getting on the show.  And now, after watching the whole Season 13, I also do have to say that I am VERY glad we were not chosen!  There were many contestants who I probably would not have gotten along with, and there was much too much drama for my taste.  And, it has given me a kick-start to get healthier.  It's been slow, but since our audition in August I've lost about 25 pounds and I'm planning on losing even more!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...