Thursday, May 3, 2012

Biggest Loser - Season 13 Audition, PART 2

{Make sure to read Part 1 of our audition experience HERE}

August 13, 2011 was the big day for our audition!  We got to the KSL building in downtown SLC at around noon and got to skip the line (only about 20 people at that time) and go right inside.  There, we had to fill out more paperwork and wait about 20 minutes to go into another lobby.  In the next lobby, about 20 of us were given some tips about what to expect and some ideas about our videos.  We were taken into yet another waiting room, where we were divided into 2 groups.  There was a reporter there from the Deseret News, but I avoided getting my picture taken!  I was still a little unsure of this whole process.  We finally made it into the audition room, which was the room where Studio 5 is filmed.  There were 2 tables set up with bright lights and cameras pointing on them.  We went to the male casting director, Aaron's, table with about 8 other people.  Earlier on, Emilee and I had heard that each person auditioning has about 1 minute or less total time to make an impression, so we had to go for it if we wanted to be remembered!  Once we were all sitting at the table, Aaron asked us to introduce ourselves and to answer the following questions: (1) "If you were stranded on an island, what one object and what celebrity would you choose to have with you?" and (2) "Imagine you make it to the finale... what is the first thing you will do after the show?"  Emilee immediately jumped in and said she would bring Pamela Anderson with her to her island.  That way, she could use Pamela's boobs as a flotation device to float out to sea and shoot off a flare (...her one object) to be rescued!  I was laughing so hard, and so was everyone else.  She definitely stole the show.  I said I would bring Tina Fey, only because I think she is so funny and she would be good entertainment.  Emilee immediately said "Natalie would go lesbian for Tina... she has a major girl-crush on her."  (<-- Sorry if that's offensive to anyone!).  It was definitely funny.  Others at the table were pretty quiet.  Aaron even called on one guy and his response was "I just can't think of anything."  I couldn't believe that he wouldn't even make an effort to think of something.  I mean, it IS an audition!  In response to Aaron's second question, I said I would travel more and not be held back by anything.  I can't remember what Emilee said, but after it was all said and done I felt like we had the most time at the table out of anyone there.  I also pointed out that I had flown from California to be there!  I'm pretty sure we left a good mark on that casting director.  As we were walking out, Emilee says to the casting director, "I hear you love General Hospital!  I LOVE it too.  We'll have to talk about it later!"  He was so excited to have this in common with her.  Little did he know, she had just done a little research on him the night before, and brushed up on Wikipedia to know the characters and the latest storyline of General Hospital... she had never even seen an episode!  But it was a great way for her to have the last word before we left.

We had a lot of fun and left the audition feeling confident.  We were told that we would receive a phone call from a specific area code within a certain number of hours if we got a callback.  For several hours, every time my phone rang I would jump in anticipation! And then... we got the actual phone call!  They called saying they wanted us to come to our callback the next day (Sunday).  The time they wanted conflicted with my flight back to California, so after they talked some, they called back and got us an earlier time slot and I said I would try to reschedule my flight.  When I got off the phone, Emilee and I immediately started screaming and jumping up and down like little girls... we were so excited!  We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse with my family that night to celebrate and share our experience with them.

August 14 came and we headed to Hotel Monaco for our callback.  Emilee and I wore similar shirts so that we looked like a team, and we came "camera ready!"  We brought our 20-page application all filled out and more pictures of ourselves and our families.  We were told to wait in the lobby for a phone call to go up to the hotel room where the interview would be.  After waiting in the hotel lobby for about an hour, we finally got the call to go upstairs.  We were NERVOUS.  We walked into the room, and there was just a couch with a TV camera pointed at it.  The whole interview was filmed, and then later the casting directors said they would edit down our video to 3-5 minutes to show the producers.  We were asked lots of questions about ourselves, why we wanted to be on the show, why we thought we'd be a good team, etc.  The interview lasted about an hour, and was surprisingly kind of fun, for how nervous we were.  There were lots of laughs and tears during it all, and we tried not to hold anything back.  As we were leaving, the casting director told us she really liked us.  She said that based on our personalities, she thought we had a great chance of making the show.  But she also said that the show has never had sisters-in-law and they would rather have a stronger relationship, like sisters.  We assured her we were just as close as sisters!  She said our one other downfall was that we were not 'big' enough compared to others who were auditioning.  We had a feeling this was true, but technically we had enough weight to lose to qualify for the show.

The whole flight back to California (which I almost missed because our callback ran so long), I couldn't believe what we had just done.  I was very hopeful that something good would happen from it!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

it's so funny, even though I know what happens at the end, I'm still waiting in anticipation... I LOVE the biggest loser! I'm so excited that you had this experience. Just for the sheer fact of being cool and being behind the scenes and stuff! You and Emilee are awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...