Saturday, August 27, 2011

Move to Turlock - Day 1

On August 5 my parents and I left Sandy to make the long drive to Turlock, California. I actually had tricep tendinitis in my left arm, so my arm was in a sling and I couldn't help much, but my parents loaded up the cars and we hit the road! 


We took I-80 all the way through Nevada which was a new drive for me.  And a pretty boring and desolate drive, to say the least.  Yes, I took these pictures while I was driving.  Don't judge. 

I quickly started listening to the Harry Potter 1 to make the time pass by more quickly.  The reader, Jim Dale, does an awesome, by the way.  

We drove through the Salt Flats, Beverly Hills (??), and after 8 hours of driving, ended up in Reno for the night.

After settling into our hotel and eating at Macaroni Grill, we ventured out to find the temple.  We also drove through the University of Nevada, Reno campus (which was beautiful) and downtown Reno.  I was surprised to admit that I kind of loved this city!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...