Sunday, September 4, 2011

Move to Turlock - Day 2

On our way out of Reno (August 6), we stopped at the Donner Memorial State Park.  We walked through the Emigrant Trail Museum and saw the Pioneer Monument.  This monument is 20 feet tall, to represent how deep the snow was when the Donner party got stuck on their way to California in the 1800s.  It was crazy!!

Our next destination was downtown Sacramento.  We didn't have enough time to actually stop, but we drove past the governor's mansion, the state capitol, and through some historical areas.

Next up was the Sacramento temple in Rancho Cordova.  I always love visiting new temples (we got to see 3 on this trip) because they are always so beautiful and unique in their own ways.  This was no exception! 

We drove straight from Sacramento to Turlock, about an hour and a half south... and finally made it to my new apartment!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

that's where I'm from! Sacramento! It's such a beautiful temple... I'm excited you were able to visit. What a beautiful day, too. You live so close to my home town. That is awesome. I hope you enjoy it over there. I love reading about your trip. It sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing, Natalie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...