Today at work I seriously thought my head would explode… I cannot take any more middle school drama! Let me explain. A few days ago one of the counselors took the office next door to mine. I am only at this middle school twice a week, but both yesterday and today there's been a constant stream of girls going in to talk to the counselor about all the little fights they are having with their friends. They get so worked up trying to talk over each other that they can be heard from anywhere in the whole main office! I am just lucky enough to be right next to them :) Even when my door is closed, I can still hear them through the wall and the vents. All I can say is I am SO glad I am not a counselor! After a whole day of girls yelling “she’s not my friend anymore because… (fill in the blank),” I thought it would finally quiet down when the final bell rang and then a few minutes a girl was rushed in because apparently she got beat up in the parking lot. DRAMA! I tend to like working at the middle school better than the high school, but after today I’m so glad to be done there for the week!
3 comments:
Junior high was THE WORST! My husband is going to school for school counseling and he'll handle things like that great. But I think he would prefer elementary school! ;)
yeah middle school was TOTALLY awkward for me! But I'm glad I had great friends to keep me on the right track! :) Can you believe that was like 10 years ago that I met you and the rest of our gang?! :) Crazy! Hey, did you guys ever open the time capsule we did for Y2K?
Isn't it your job to teach them to speak more quietly?
Post a Comment