I heard recently about the blog of Trent DuVal. He was an 8 year old boy with lots of energy and a great sense of humor who was diagnosed with AML Leukemia when he was 7. During the time he was battling this cancer, he regularly kept up this online journal of his experiences. He went through so many hard things, like chemo, very long hospital stays, bone marrow transplants, Graft vs. Host disease, along with many other things, yet his posts were almost always upbeat and his sense of humor shone through!
I have since read through the entire blog, and I have learned so much from this little boy. I know that if I was in his situation, I would probably not have the same attitude that he did. He never complained, and knew that things would turn out for the best, whatever the outcome may be. He had a simple, yet powerful testimony of the Gospel, and of the Plan of Salvation. Both he and his family were at peace towards the end of his fight with cancer, and knew they would see each other again. After reading through 16 months of his experiences with cancer, I read today that he passed away yesterday. I am grateful that he wanted to share his experiences with others. While reading them, there were many times I laughed and many more times I cried, but I feel like I am a better person after reading about him. I encourage all to read his blog, and I know he was a wonderful boy and he will be missed by many people.
http://trentduval.blogspot.com/
1 comment:
WOW! Thank you for the recommendation. I too enjoy reading inspiring blogs. What a neat little boy! Hope school is going well. Are you going to be all done in May?! That's so cool!!
Post a Comment