
So I stole this idea (and the picture) from a blog I follow called Shark Bait... but it's great idea so I decided to give it a try! Here are some things that I have been thankful for lately:
1. My personality - Today in one of my classes we got the results back from the Meyers-Briggs personality test we took a while back. I realized that we all have unique personalities, and that mine works for me, and when I have tried to be like other people, it just doesn't work! I am glad for what I have that makes me who I am.
2. My alarm clock - It is that time of the semester when I REALLY have a hard time waking up in the mornings (even more than normal... which says something!). Although I hate my alarm clock early in the mornings, if I didn't have it I would sleep in until 10:00 every day and get nothing done!
3. My health - I just finished reading a blog about a little boy with cancer, and it really made me appreciate my health and that I do not have to suffer through things that many people do.
4. Heating - Now that winter is just around the corner, I am so glad that I have heating in my apartment and in my car! It can be so cold outside and then I can come home and crank up the heat and it is wonderful!
5. My ability to speak - I worked with one of my clients today and she had a pretty rough session. She works so hard and practices a lot, but it is so difficult for her to produce a lot of sounds and she gets discouraged easily. I often take it for granted that I don't have any problems with my speech or language, but I know that life would be a lot harder if people couldn't understand me!
What are you thankful for this week?
4 comments:
Hi Natalie! I just saw that you know Michelle Tobey and I wanted to let you know that I went to school with her. How do you know her? So how are things going for you? School is good and I must be insane because I'm taking the praxis next saturday. Don't ask me why. I guess I'm just anxious to finish stuff. Love your blog. Talk to you later!
That's an awesome idea. I might have to steal that too.
Hi Natalie,
I am so glad I found your blog. How fun! Thanks for posting on mine. I look forward to keeping up with your life on here...
-Natalie
Those are very wonderful 'grateful's. That's interesting about the speech; my friend nannies a girl who can understand but can't speak. I am glad there are people like you taking the time to learn how to help them!! So I am thankful for YOU and all you do!
Post a Comment