Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's not supposed to snow in May!!

First of all, this was the view from my backdoor this morning when I woke up:

I couldn't believe it! It's May 1, and we had a real, winter-like snowstorm last night. As I was listening to the radio this morning, the DJs said that it snowed 5 inches here. They were playing Christmas songs and wishing all the listeners "Happy Holidays" to try and make the best of this winter weather. It was actually really funny and made me feel a lot better about my early morning that was already off to a bad start!

Well, the reason why I had to wake up so early (6:00 am) was because I had to meet some of my classmates and one of my teachers at 7:20 so we could drive to Soda Springs (about an hour away). We went there to do speech, language, and hearing screenings for kids entering Kindergarten next year. I had never done this before, and it was pretty fun! We got to see some cute little kids, and got free Subway lunch out of it! You can't go wrong there! So that was a fun little road trip 7 of us took and it was a nice distraction from thinking about finals!

We got back from Soda at about 2:00, and I had just enough time to change my clothes and watch part of "27 Dresses"... I love that movie! Then I headed back up to school for a graduation party thrown for the second-year students in my program! We had food catered from Texas Roadhouse (mmmm!) and it was a blast to have a good time with all my good friends at school. It got all of us first-years excited that we are halfway done and at this time next year we will be having our own graduation party!! YAY!!! This picture is of me and my friend Catie at the party (don't mind my casual/comfy look...)!


So today has overall been a really great and fun day, even though it started out with snow, which I hate! To top it off, I got a test back today that I scored a 96% on!! That doesn't happen to me very often, so it was great! Now on to finals...

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Oh Nat that sounds like such a fun day! I hope you enjoyed some 'Soda' in Soda Springs. ha ha... sorry, couldn't resist! I am SO proud of you for doing so well in school and actually going to graduate school. I love your hair, it's pretty!! Keep up the pictures of you, it's so good to see you!! Good luck on your finals!! Don't forget to eat chocolate right before your test... simulates the brain! :)

Lori said...

Nice work on the test! Your free food sounded so good...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...