On Tuesday February 21 we went to Yosemite National Park. My parents say I had been there once before when I was little, but I don't remember it. This place is amazing! I think the first word that comes to my mind is grand. It is incredible to see the thousand-feet sheer rock faces, waterfalls, and rock formations. We picked the perfect time to go, too. Normally, it would be buried in snow, but this winter there was no snow and no crowds to deal with.
Bridalveil Fall:
El Capitan:
Half Dome:
Three Brothers:
Valley View:
Yosemite Fall (Notice the patch of snow at the bottom of the fall? My favorite comment from a passerby to his children: "Look kids! That waterfall is even making it's own snow!" Not sure that's the best lesson to teach kids...):
And on our way home we were driving towards the sunset, and it seriously lasted for over 30 minutes! It was so pretty and just kept getting more pink and more vibrant as we kept driving... this picture doesn't even do it justice!









No comments:
Post a Comment