Lately I have found myself in the kitchen much more than usual. I'm not great at cooking, but I am starting to actually enjoy it... I just hate the cleanup afterward. Well tomorrow after church my ward is having a Thanksgiving dinner and I signed up to bring a dessert. So after doing some searching for that "perfect" recipe, here's what I came up with. The recipe can be found here, but I'll also give it to you. They were easy to make and are delicious. Enjoy!
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (nuts and I don't agree, so I didn't use them)
Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm (I baked them at least 15 minutes... could've even gone longer). Makes 2 dozen cookies.
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (nuts and I don't agree, so I didn't use them)
Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm (I baked them at least 15 minutes... could've even gone longer). Makes 2 dozen cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment