Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm finally a workin' woman

Do I look like a working professional?
Don't mind the picture. I snapped it in a hurry using the self-timer, and then just barely made it to work on time... not a good impression!

Well I think I made it through my first day without too much anxiety. I'll just keep faking it 'til I make it! Here's what I know after today:

-Being a white, blond girl, I am definitely a minority in this high school
-Along those lines, I have never seen so many people of different races/ethnicities at one time
-The school psychologist told me she saw Utah for the first time this summer, as well as hay bales and water towers
-Everyone was bundled up and complaining about the 60 degree weather... but I thought it felt great
-I have never seen so many girls wearing skinny jeans... the '80s are totally coming back and I'm not looking forward to it
-I still don't have an office or really any place to put my stuff
-I have a huge blister from wearing heels all day
-I luckily only have 24 kids on my caseload... but that will probably be doubled after this week
-I will have to get used to walking outside just to get to different parts of the school

I'm sure I will keep learning much more as time goes on, but for now I'm glad I made it through my first day!

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

The first day is always the hardest, but things will get easier as you go along. Congrats on the job and you look great!

Unknown said...

What a great adventure. Represent well. We're all behind you.

mj said...

Natalie!
I can't believe you're a real grown-up now with a real job. it's so cool/ You looked really cool your first day of work. The eighties are back and I couldn't be more delighted.

The Fergi Fam said...

Hey! you looked GReAT on your first day! It sounds like a great opportunity! hope it continues to get better! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...