Yesterday I got the word that my license was FINALLY issued and I am going to start working on Monday!! I am so excited to start... I was definitely running out of things to keep me busy!

I decided to go do something fun and different today for my last weekend of freedom! I drove over to Oceanside this afternoon. I was planning on going to a beach closer to L.A., but then found out there are toll roads that you have to have a prepaid account to drive on... so until I figure that out I am not going to deal with it! The drive to Oceanside was only about an hour, and so pretty once I got off the freeway. The road was winding through hills and produce farms, with avocado and tomato stands along the side of the road.
Funny story... once I got into Oceanside, I had to go to the bathroom SO bad, so I thought I would just pull into a gas station really quickly. I went to 5 gas stations before I found one with restrooms! SERIOUSLY. What gas station doesn't have restrooms! Apparently in Oceanside they don't believe in them. Then after all that hassle, I pulled up to the parking lot by the beach and there was a restroom right there. Just my luck!
So after driving all over Oceanside, I finally found this little beach, but it wasn't much to see so I got back in the car and drove closer to the pier. I have been here twice before, but it was fun to be back. It is so pretty and I love the ocean! It was really windy, and too cold to swim or lay out on the beach, but still felt perfect in shorts and a sweatshirt. And yes, I did take this little excursion by myself because I don't know anyone here yet. But it was still fun and I'm glad I went. And hopefully I will start meeting people tomorrow at church and at work on Monday!
I came across this poor one-footed seagull on the pier... so of course I took a picture:



Funny story... once I got into Oceanside, I had to go to the bathroom SO bad, so I thought I would just pull into a gas station really quickly. I went to 5 gas stations before I found one with restrooms! SERIOUSLY. What gas station doesn't have restrooms! Apparently in Oceanside they don't believe in them. Then after all that hassle, I pulled up to the parking lot by the beach and there was a restroom right there. Just my luck!
So after driving all over Oceanside, I finally found this little beach, but it wasn't much to see so I got back in the car and drove closer to the pier. I have been here twice before, but it was fun to be back. It is so pretty and I love the ocean! It was really windy, and too cold to swim or lay out on the beach, but still felt perfect in shorts and a sweatshirt. And yes, I did take this little excursion by myself because I don't know anyone here yet. But it was still fun and I'm glad I went. And hopefully I will start meeting people tomorrow at church and at work on Monday!
I came across this poor one-footed seagull on the pier... so of course I took a picture:
3 comments:
Good luck at work tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it.
Looks like a fun day trip, and the seagull is a little creepy! I hope tomorrow goes well!
Love the pier there at Oceanside! Well, just love the ocean anywhere. How fun to just decide to take off to the beach!!!
That's great that you can finally start work!! Hope it goes well!
Post a Comment