Sunday, September 13, 2009

More excitement in the neighborhood!

On Tuesday night (Sept. 8), we looked outside to the park across the street and saw a ton of smoke and heard lots of sirens. Apparently a house a few streets away had an SUV that caught on fire, which then caught the garage on fire. It is sad that this happened, but the circumstances of it all were kind of funny. From the things that I have read and heard, a neighbor ran over when he saw the flames and was banging on their front and back doors yelling "FIRE!" Finally someone answered but only opened the door just a crack and shut it again. So while this neighbor was calling 911 for the fire, at the same time someone from inside the house was calling the police saying there was a Chinese man at their door with a gun. Now, I know this neighbor and he is probably around 6'4" and does not look Chinese! And he did have a cell phone up to his ear, but definitely no gun! By the time I got to the house, the flames were put out, but we could see the damage done. Probably about 10-20 minutes after the fire was out, the people inside finally came walking out of the house. It's all a little suspicious, if you ask me! There have been rumors around the neighborhood of some questionable things going on at this house... why didn't they come out when they knew there was a fire? We all think they were busy hiding something, but hopefully the truth will come out soon! This is what saw when I walked over there... sorry for the bad quality of the pictures.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Weird!

Rob Dog said...

Geezz, for a queit neighborhood, yours is really exciting these days!! :) You are getting so crafty!! I LOVED your dresser by the way!! Feel free to pass on any crafty items or refinished furniture my way!! :) I am so excited for you and your move to Cali!! Will you be close to Paula at all, or grandpa? (clearly I would really need the GPS cause I know NOTHING about directions!!) When do you move?

Linds Forrest said...

What in the world?! Whose house was it? That's hilarious they thought it was a chinese man and it wasn't. ha ha ha. Hey. I am emailing you tonight!

Shane and Stephanie said...

Cute page. Question though, how did you get your name all fancy and cute? I need a change on my blog. Some of your creative help would be appreciated. When do you move to Cali? Which area? I work with a few guys that live in southern Cal. What is your family doing for Thanksgiving?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...