This was the last day on the ship! I didn't think I would be so sad for it to end. But I had so much fun and loved this trip! Today we actually got to sleep in a little. The crew cooked up an Indonesian barbecue for everyone, which was good. I always like trying new foods, and this cruise was a great place to do just that! Joel Mason had another show this afternoon, but this time it was his own show, not the Elton John show.
At about 6:00 pm the ship docked in Victoria, British Columbia. We had fun watching the crews on ground securing our ship so we could dock and see the city!
I have only been to Canada once before, and it was on the other coast to see Niagara Falls for just a few minutes! We only had 5 1/2 hours in Victoria, so we had to spend our time wisely! We got on a double-decker bus for a driving tour of the city, and we headed to Butchart Gardens!
Sam, Rhea, and Paula had already been to the Gardens, so they did their own thing in Victoria. But here is our group of my parents, Grandpa and Phyllis, Richard and Joanne, and myself:
This is one of the first flowers I saw in the Gardens. I thought it was so pretty, and then I realized it's the flower on the THX movie trailer.
If you don't know what movie trailer I'm talking about, you can see it here. The flower is the first one in the trailer:
There were so many pretty gardens and flowers I've never seen before... it was so pretty there!
My grandpa and great-uncle Richard got off the ship and were wearing almost the same outfit! Very similar Alaska hats, same jacket, khaki pants... they must be brothers!
No comments:
Post a Comment