On our way, we stopped to see the Redlands California LDS Temple. It was closed that day, but the gardeners were there, so we were able to go inside the gates and walk around. It was so beautiful! This temple is relatively new and I have never seen it before. The landscaping was so pretty, with flowers and palm trees... it sure didn't feel like winter there!
On Wednesday we went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park with my grandpa and his wife Phyllis. I had never been there either, and it was only about a 30 minute drive from my grandpa's house. The park was HUGE, and full of African animals. We went on the "Journey into Africa," which was a tram/bus ride around the park where we saw lots of exotic animals. In some parts of the park there was lots of thick vegetation and it was really pretty. There was this MASSIVE hot air balloon that people could go up in for a few minutes to get a good view of the park... it made me sick just looking at it! So no, I didn't go up in it. I practically have a heart attack from riding ski lifts or anything high off the ground, so no thanks!
Not too exciting, but this video only shows about half of the park! It was huge!
The rest of the trip was spent visiting with my grandpa and Phyllis, and we also visited my mom's sister Joy and her family. It was very relaxing, and good to spend time with family.
This is the view from my front porch in Utah as of about 15 minutes ago:
I could handle spending my winters in California... I think I need to make this trip an annual event!
1 comment:
I know, it was so much fun seeing you too! It had been way too long!!! Looks like your trip was tons of fun! And your neice, seriously, I want to steal her!!! Or maybe just get one of my own!! :)
Post a Comment