Monday, October 13, 2008

Pennies by the Inch

We just finished up our Pennies by the Inch fundraiser for Primary Children's Medical Center, and I am so impressed with my ward here! I feel like I have been pretty involved in it this year because the Primary was in charge of it. I just finished up counting the money we've raised, and drumroll.................... we raised $1199.92!!!! I can't believe it! What ever happened to "poor college students??" The big event that raised most of the money was an auction last week. It was so much fun! People brought lots of things to auction off, like cookies, a foot massage, dinner dates, a hand-made bookcase, dinner every month for the rest of the school year, and lots more!!! I came ready to spend about $10, but most of the bids started at higher than that! I think the highest bid went for $75... it was for a homecooked dinner every month for the school year. Apparently there are some high rollers in my ward, I'm just not one of them! My mere $10 could not even buy anything there! But it was still really fun to watch everyone get so involved for a good cause!

2 comments:

Lori said...

That's awesome! I think I would have brought $10 too. That's impressive that someone gave $75.

Rob Dog said...

Nice work!! That is so great especially for a student ward!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...