Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My fortune in life...

To be able to graduate with a master's degree, all of the students in my program are given the option to either write a thesis or to complete a portfolio that has to meet several requirements. After thinking about it for a while, I decided the thesis would be the best way to go for me, even though I honestly have no interest in writing it at all! Writing has never been my strong point, and I don't enjoy it much. But I met with my supervisor several times, and was at least to the point that I didn't start to feel sick to my stomach at the thought of this project! That was until I saw a completed thesis. The final product is a bound book, about 100 pages long! Aaagh!! I had no idea. So a few weeks ago, I went to this little Chinese restaurant here in Poky, and was excited to open my fortune cookie. I don't know why I usually think fortune cookies are so fun, because they are kind of pointless... but this fortune cookie actually said something relevant to my life! Here it is: "You have a charming way with words and should write a book." I guess this came at the right time... maybe this is the motivation I need to get excited about it!

7 comments:

Jill Clark said...

Hey, I have been looking at your blog and thought I would wish you good luck on writing your thesis. I don't know if I could ever do that! I think your brother John just started at my job. I just figured out that he is your brother and he is going to be working in my department. Such a small world!

The Fergi Fam said...

whoa sounds crazy! Good luck with it all. I can't believe you're coming so close!!!!! We live 3ish hours away from St. Louis. Maybe I can talk Daniel into going up there!!! I'd love to see you since it's been what 6 years? Good grief!!

Marie said...

Hey good luck natalie!! p.s. I loved reading the six things about you from when you got tagged. I've always hated roller coasters and even after choir tour I still hate them!! :)

Linds Forrest said...

WOW!! I love little things like that with the fortune cookie. I love those little occurances in life. Hey, email me your phone number. If it's not too crazy for you next weekend (14-15) I would love to stop by and say HELLO! :) lindseyforrest@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Ah! I felt lucky I only have to write a 10 page thesis! But I guess that's cause I'm only an undergrad! You stinkin grad student! Ah! Anyway I have my thesis presentation tomorrow and my paper is due next week. Look at me I'm on the computer blogging instead of working on it! Ha! We were the procrastinating queens back in the day! Natalie says, "Oh my gosh I have a huge test tomorrow, and I haven't even started studying one bit!" Rachel replies, "Ha, me too! Let's just watch friends instead!"

Lori said...

What are the odds? The thesis is meant to be.

The Albuquerque Sheps said...

Good luck with the thesis...I don't have the guts to write one!
--Jessica

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...