Friday, March 14, 2008

Good friends and good food!

So I thought today would be so long and kind of terrible, but I was pleasantly surprised! The ISU chapter of NSSLHA (National Student Speech, Language, and Hearing Association... pronounced like "Nishla") put on our annual conference for students and professionals in the area. I won't bore you all with the details, but we had a woman named Dr. DePompei from the University of Akron in Ohio come and speak to us on working with children who have had Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs). I was dreading sitting in a room all day listening to the same speaker for six hours, but she was very interesting and I learned a lot. We also had our fair share of breaks, so that helped a lot. For our lunch break, I went out to eat with ten or so other students in my program. We went to this new all-you-can-eat pizza and pasta place called Craigo's (or something like that). It was so good, and it definitely hit the spot! It was so fun to go out with these people that I have come to know so well over the last 6 months. I love that we get along so well with each other, and that we can all go out and do things like this and have a good time! To top off the day, I finally got a hold of a place called Wasatch Speech & Language in Holladay, UT, and set up a time to interview for my summer internship! Yay!! I was getting so stressed about trying to find a place to do this summer placement because it is a required assignment. So now let's just hope that the interview goes well and that they let me do my summer work there!

4 comments:

The Fergi Fam said...

that's so exciting about you interview!! Good luck! You'll do great! Hey Call me or email me and let me know when you'll be in MO. We'd really like to come up and see you when you're here. email me at thefergifam@yahoo.com

LeAnn said...

Good luck with your interview, I'm sure everything will go well.

Terry Family said...

I think Craigo's was the pizza place across from my apt at Ricks--so good! When's your interview? good luck, you'll be great!

Natalie said...

Thanks Heidi! Yeah, you can't go wrong with pizza. My interview is Friday at 11:30. We should do something this weekend while I'm home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...