Day 3: My job-
I love that I can play games and work with (mostly) cute kids all day long! When I focus on this and not all the paperwork, I am definitely more thankful for my job. This had me laughing today while playing Who Bingo:
Me: "Who does magic tricks? A magician."
Student: "Magician?? OHHH.... like magician and subtraction?"
Day 4: Uplifting nights-
I wasn't quite sure how to word this one... but tonight I drove out to Oakland for a devotional. Elder Richard G. Scott was supposed to speak, but was sick and couldn't make it. But there were still two great speakers and I got to see the temple lit up at night!
Day 5: Spontaneous weekends-
My aunt Paula texted me Thursday to see if I wanted to meet up with her in San Mateo for the weekend. I stayed with her basketball team Friday night and spent Saturday watching them play a few scrimmage games at San Mateo college. It was a fun break from my regular weekend plans!
Day 6: Callings-
Today I was so grateful for my calling in my church. I didn't think I'd be able to say this, but it's true. Sometimes we can feel incapable of things we are asked to do, but if we have faith and do them to the best of our abilities, we receive so many blessings! My calling has been a great way for me to meet a lot of new people and to feel like I belong!
Day 7: Electricity-
Today the power went out at my elementary school for about an hour... and of course just as I was preparing for a meeting and had to print off a bunch of papers. Whenever the power goes out I realize just how much I rely on electricity to get things accomplished!
Day 8: Goals-
I've been trying to eat better and exercise more in these last few weeks before Thanksgiving. I've definitely had some bad days, but having short-term goals keeps me in check!
Day 9: Netflix-
As I'm writing this I'm watching episodes of 30 Rock... quite possibly my favorite TV show! I love Tina Fey and I seriously laugh out loud when I watch this show. I know it is kind of lame to be thankful for Netflix, but it's awesome for catching up on TV shows when I have some down time.
2 comments:
Ok... we need to plan a weekend. Hello San Mateo?! That is so close to me. We'll plan a weekend and go play in the city or go to Santa Cruz. How does that sound?! Love your grateful posts... so awesome!
Yes Lindsey I would love that! This year we really do live pretty close to each other. This weekend was only my second time in the bay area so I want to go back for sure! These next few weeks will be kind of crazy with the holidays coming up, but we'll figure something out :)
Post a Comment