Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 17 - Days of '47 Youth Parade

We headed to downtown SLC to watch the Days of '47 Youth Parade. I didn't even know this parade existed, but this year my parents' stake Primary kids were invited to have a float and walk in the parade. My parents were also asked to walk in the parade! The theme for this year was "Pioneer Spirit - Then and Now." Their float had an old school TV and an iPod both showing President Monson, then and now. The stake presidency dressed up as past prophets, so my parents were Lorenzo Snow and his wife. We had fun watching them walk in the parade!




We even made it onto the internet (hahaha, because it's so hard)... some random guy from the MIX 107.9 radio station came up to us for a picture:
http://www.mix1079fm.com/photolarge.php?id=409

After the parade there was a carnival at the City Council building downtown for all the kids. My nieces and nephews definitely loved all the blow-up slides and obstacle courses! And we made it through with only one casualty - my niece Kaitlyn burned her elbow going down one of these slides... that was our cue to head home for the day.




While we were at the carnival, my sister Lori turns to the rest of us and says "Isn't that Dad's look-alike?" So I used my mad spy skills and secretly took a picture of him so we could show my dad. I thought I was so funny! But seriously, my dad has had at least 18 people come up to him in Salt Lake thinking he was this guy Eric Jorgensen who is on the city council. Do you see the resemblance?


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Natalie we are in the same stake now. ALan and I are in the Primary and they were talking about the I-pod float but we didn't go to the parade :) That's funny though...

Marie said...

You have such a darling family. I love your blog Natalie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...