Day #2 of the cruise was busy, but still pretty relaxing. We were on the ship the whole day, just making our way up to Alaska. The day was full of basketball free throw shootouts, eating, volleyball serve challenges, eating, golf chipping, and did I say eating? Everyone warned me about all the food on cruise ships and it was all true! I don't feel like I ever went out of control or anything, but there sure was lots of good food! And I tried new foods that I probably would never have tried otherwise (like creme brulee, mussels, duck, lamb, escargot, lobster, squid, and all sorts of seafood). It was delicious!
(The goal was to chip the ball across the pool and hit the dolphins. I wasn't even close! I actually hit one of the kids in the pool right in the forehead... woops!)
Tonight's dinner was the first formal evening. It was fun to dress up and have a good time with everyone!
(Paula and I)
(Sam and Rhea)
(Mom and Dad)
(Richard and JoAnn)
(Grandpa and Phyllis)
This picture of the sunset was taken at 11:00 pm!! I couldn't believe how different the hours of sunlight were in Alaska compared to Utah. I saw on a weather forecast there that sunset was at about 10:00 pm, and sunrise was at 4:00 am. It didn't get REALLY dark until after 11:00 at night, but the sun really was blaring in through our windows at pretty close to 4 am... crazy!!

Tonight's dinner was the first formal evening. It was fun to dress up and have a good time with everyone!
(Sam and Rhea)
(Mom and Dad)
(Richard and JoAnn)
(Grandpa and Phyllis)This picture of the sunset was taken at 11:00 pm!! I couldn't believe how different the hours of sunlight were in Alaska compared to Utah. I saw on a weather forecast there that sunset was at about 10:00 pm, and sunrise was at 4:00 am. It didn't get REALLY dark until after 11:00 at night, but the sun really was blaring in through our windows at pretty close to 4 am... crazy!!

4 comments:
What a cool cruise to go on!! That's hillarious about hitting a boy in the forehead with one of your balls. I could hear your cute laugh!
And I didn't mean for that to be creepy when I said 'I could hear your cute laugh'. :)
wow that's amazing
That looks like fun, and what a beautiful sunset.
Post a Comment