Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Alaska Cruise - Day 1

**WARNING**
The next few posts are probably going to be LONG, with LOTS of pictures! So don't feel obligated to read through them all... they are mostly for my benefit so that I remember the details of my trip!

I had the most amazing chance to go on a cruise to Alaska two weeks ago! I went with 9 other members of my extended family, and we were gone from May 31-June 7.

(The view of Seattle from the ship)

On day #1, I flew with my parents to Seattle, where we took a shuttle from the airport to Pier 91 to get on our ship, the Holland America's Westerdam. This was my first cruise, so the whole experience was completely new and exciting for me! Checking in is pretty much like going through security at the airport... not much fun. I was even lucky enough to get to talk to the nurse before being allowed to board the ship because I had a cold. Luckily she let me on! Once we were on the ship, we met up with the rest of our group and checked out our rooms and other parts of the ship. I shared a room with my aunt Paula and the room was amazing! Well, it was pretty much amazing because we had a veranda and an awesome view! Our group had four rooms next to each other, so we had the dividers between our decks opened up to make one long deck. It was so nice!

(My dad and I before getting on the ship)

(My roommate and aunt Paula. She's the reason I came along on this trip!)

(Our room before we unpacked. From what I understand, it was pretty nice for a cruise ship room!)

We had to attend the required lifeboat drill, which was funny. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic, because there were so many people there! Those life jackets are not very comfortable either!

(Mom and dad)

A few minutes later, we were off, on our way to ALASKA!! We spent the rest of the night exploring the ship, eating dinner, and attending the first of many shows in the main theater!

1 comment:

Linds Forrest said...

WOA! You had a really nice room! Love the pic of your parents in their life jackets!! Can't wait to read more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...