Friday, September 19, 2008

Another year older... and wiser?

Yesterday, September 18, I turned 23 years old! Yes, it was my birthday. Most of the day wasn't anything too different than any other day because it was filled with lots of class and clinic. But here are some highlights of my birthday night:

One of my neighbors and I were sitting at the kitchen table just chatting away, when all of a sudden my chair decided to break while I was sitting on it. This resulted in me lying on the ground and uncontrollably laughing. It was so funny! I have since heard from other neighbors that this is not an uncommon occurrence. I think they need to upgrade the quality of furniture here!!

My roommates practically had to drag me with them to the ISU football game, but I went! I haven't ever been a big football fan, but this was pretty fun. And since then, I have had the basic rules explained to me, so maybe I will understand it more the next time I watch! The ISU team is pretty bad, but at one point in the game they were only down by 3 points... but still lost in the end. We didn't take pictures at the game, but here's proof we drove there!


(This is me with our neighbor Luis)

(These are 2 of my roommates, Makala and Kacey)

After the game, some people came over to our apartment for cake and ice cream. I actually didn't know most of them... they were my roommates' friends, but that's okay! It was still fun.

I also had several surprises... my mom had balloons delivered to me, I got a really good CD from my friend Gina, a new piano book, and cards in the mail! I was also pleasantly surprised of the perfect timing of getting the new Brian Regan DVD! I pre-ordered it in July, and it was released just in time for my birthday! Thanks to everyone that sent me cards or gifts or emails or anything else to wish me happy birthday! It meant a lot!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday to you sweet Natals!!! Sounds like your day was a good one. I'm pretty sure you are one year wiser too!

The Fergi Fam said...

LOL! We have the same chairs here and we had the missionaries over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and the very same thing happened to the missionary! It was sooooo funny because he's the scrawniest little elder! But yeah, cheap chairs!
Happy Birthday!!!! Love ya!
Meagan

Linds Forrest said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAT!! Your day sounds like it was great! And I noticed you had Little Ceasers pizza, now that is the PERFECT way to celebrate. (seriously I love that stuff). That chair thing is pretty funny. We had those same chairs in Provo and broke 3. Now you can use the leg as a sword!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope this 23rd year of life for you is FANTASTIC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...